Feel free to display any items that make you feel happy and more creative. It can be anything from family photos, books in rainbow order, or if you are Joanna, a fun wallpaper that transports you smack-dab in the middle of an orange grove. An Instagram-worthy office can’t cure all your work-related stress, but home office tips it can make it more bearable. From an official home office with a desk to a makeshift workspace at the kitchen table, even a small adjustment can help you streamline your daily routine… What kind of dividers did you use for the magazine file? I have 3 boys and the school paperwork is overwhelming at times.
Take everything off your desk except for your computer, printer and phone. No matter your office’s official use, you can’t get much done in there if it’s a cluttered mess.
Add Storage Baskets to Shelves
To make the most of the single drawer, I used a drawer organizer to house items I use every day, like my AirPods, journal, keyboard, pens, notebooks, etc. Continue sticking with your organization methods to maintain a tidy office.
- The cables and wires from the electronic devices sitting on your desk look pretty bad when they’re left to hang in the wind.
- Just grab a set of tiny metal buckets to sort out all your stationery.
- You can use a standard pull out shelf from your local hardware stores.You can also install one that is dedicated for use with computers and electronics, such as this one.
- For as little as $30 a year, you can sign up for an online storage service that lets you back up your files online.
- Depending on the structure of your desk, this idea could work for you in staying more organized.
- Give your home office the gift of floating shelves, hanging baskets and pretty decor with a fun and functional DIY pegboard wall.
If you just throw all your paperwork in there, you might as well have not bought the filing cabinet in the first place. Within those folders, subdivide your papers into individual folders. When a project comes in, you might start by putting it in your inbox.
Interior Design Your Filing Cabinet
Fill clear plastic shoebox containers with craft or office supplies, and label the front for easy view. Try these awesome closet storage hacks to make sure you’ve got room for everything. It’s customizable since you can decorate it as well and have it pop out more compared to stacking items on shelves.
Moreover, having these cubbies on the wall means more desk space for you. If you tend to accumulate piles of papers and office supplies on your desk, then this is ideal. Once you’ve decided where to place the items in your office such as your files, computer, or writing utensils, clear off your desktop. You’d be surprised how your office will instantly be less cluttered when you can actually see your desktop.